What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us your engine

GalinHdz

Well Known Member
I am interested in seeing what color schemes people have used on their engines besides the traditional grey. So, show us what your engine looks like.

:cool:

So little of it can be seen!
IMG_7907.JPG

photo%25204-1.JPG

If you want to have fun then go ahead and paint it just like the exterior as long as the paints can take the heat. Most modern paints are good to 500 or so and will work fine. If you want to collect trophies, then it's required.

photo%25202-1.JPG

Last edited:
a shame to cover it all up

I would like to build a new plenum, but this one is too pretty to chop up

It's red, not orange. For some reason, flash photography does that. This is just after I got the baffles installed and the engine hung.
FP28052011A00024.jpg

And here it is on the stand at Superior just after I finished building it. It's red, I swear.
800px-0799.jpg

Last edited:
Your engine doesn't need any fancy dressing!

I agree some more.

The engine lives most of its life under the cowl producing power, heat and performance. Original Lycoming grey looks best to me, even after it begins to leak a bit oil as it will in time.

Different strokes for different folks....engines dressed up in colors like they came from toys-r-us do not light my fire. But the effort probably helps sell engines at a gathering like OSH.

I agree some more.

The engine lives most of its life under the cowl producing power, heat and performance. Original Lycoming grey looks best to me, even after it begins to leak a bit oil as it will in time.

Different strokes for different folks....engines dressed up in colors like they came from toys-r-us do not light my fire. But the effort probably helps sell engines at a gathering like OSH.

I agree. The radial sure does sell itself without any fancy paint.

All great looking engines, guys.

I'm almost embarrassed of my engine compartment after looking at these.

Great thread idea.

Back