What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hospital visit got caught on Fox Sport News

tc1234c

Well Known Member
One of our flight members was hospitalized. We wanted to cheer him and his family up by paying them a visit at the hospital. Our flight lead contacted ATC and got a clearance to do a fly-by. The hospital is close to the Daytona International Speedway. The news crew covering the Sprint Unlimited Practice saw us and broadcast it on live TV. You don't see 13 different airplanes in a formation everyday, especial not on a Friday, the 13th (the 13 airplanes were just that many showed up and not planned). The rest of the video is what we do every Friday evening before sunset.

News broadcast begins at 1:40. Click the picture to start the video.

Last edited:
That's why the detour happened. I watched your video yesterday and saw your headline about Halifax Hospital. Is your flight lead still flying for records? :D

Nice

That's some very good formation flying!

Especially when you consider the mix of aircraft!!

Mark

That's why the detour happened. I watched your video yesterday and saw your headline about Halifax Hospital. Is your flight lead still flying for records? :D

Goofy flew for record (no more). He was at the tail smoking.

Very nice formation Ted. You guys are having fun while I am freezing my derriere at -35 here. Hope I was in Florida. Take care.

Michel

Formation

For having that many dissimilar airplanes in the group that was some pretty **** good formation you guys.

TFR?

The standard TFR size during a NASCAR event would usually make that type of flyby unworkable, even with the Daytona airport between the speedway and the hospital. How did y'all make that work?

That said, it was a nice video and some great flying with all the dissimilar types

The standard TFR size during a NASCAR event would usually make that type of flyby unworkable, even with the Daytona airport between the speedway and the hospital. How did y'all make that work?

That said, it was a nice video and some great flying with all the dissimilar types

There was no TFR, no race yet, just practice.

speedway.jpg

Back