- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Activity Specific > Trip Write-ups
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2014, 11:10 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglassmt View Post
Yes I reviewed your trip report before our trip and was envious of the boat portion of your trip.
Hope you got something useful out of it.

The boat was wonderful, allowed us to catch dinner

Rv-10, N210LM.

Flying as of 12/4/2010

Phase 1 done, 2/4/2011

Sold after 240+ wonderful hours of flight.

"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to a person on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."
Old 06-25-2014, 12:27 PM

Bryan,
A fantastic trip report. I will have to plan a trip up there. I know the weather is always a challenge, but that said, what would be the best month for me to plan a trip? I am curious as to the challenges of flying into Canada. I have looked into the process for a future flight to Toronto and learned that I need an FCC license at a cost of $220. Cost is just a nuisance, the concern is how long the process takes. Also, the forms were confusing. Any additional guidance would be appreciated.

If you are flying to OSH and need a stop over point, give us a call, there is room in Minneapolis.

Bernie
RV9 flying - N579DB
Dues paid
Old 06-25-2014, 01:46 PM

Default Great trip report

Bryan, Dawn,
Great report....awesome pictures.....Dawn looks very happy as usual...lots detail as usual from Bryan. We need to send you some wine or something along those lines to get invited along next time I still amazed you didn't end up in Aleutian islands considering most of your navigation is done with the 650
For all who don't know Bryan/Dawn .....I will testify these are some of the finest people you will ever meet....and they just happen to have built and fly a RV10!
Dues 2015 pd
Old 06-25-2014, 01:48 PM

Default I've rode those bikes!

You can't beat Orcas for a day trip or camping for the night from Seattle. Ride those fine steeds back to Wildlife Cycles in Eastsound and rent a couple nice bikes and you can go anywhere on the Island!
Wings done for now
Forward Fuselage
http://www.mykitlog.com/young6586
Old 06-25-2014, 02:54 PM

Default North Puget Sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweiss View Post
Bryan,
I know the weather is always a challenge, but that said, what would be the best month for me to plan a trip?
Bernie
Bernie,
According to the Weather Channel, and personal experience as we have a 29foot vessel in the area, the favorable month to see the San Juans/Puget Sound is August thru the second week of September. Be prepared to sit a couple of days due to weather but you can always enjoy where you are at just that much longer. Ideally, we would like to retire to Whidbey Island some day.

Pat Garboden
Katy, TX
RV9A
N942PT

Dues paid
Old 06-25-2014, 04:10 PM

Default Vessel?!

Pat - if you have a "vessel" as opposed to a boat, that sounds like something you should loan out to any VAFer in the area
Old 06-25-2014, 04:23 PM

Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackm View Post
Bryan, Dawn,
Great report....awesome pictures.....Dawn looks very happy as usual...lots detail as usual from Bryan. We need to send you some wine or something along those lines to get invited along next time I still amazed you didn't end up in Aleutian islands considering most of your navigation is done with the 650
For all who don't know Bryan/Dawn .....I will testify these are some of the finest people you will ever meet....and they just happen to have built and fly a RV10!
I did invite you, you moron. I figured that when I didn't hear back from you that you were too good for us so we went alone. Of course, you might not have gotten into ORS Thursday without that instrument ticket. Might have done it scud running or from the south but it was pretty solid overcast over the northern Cascades and the cirrus was close to the granitus below. Let us know when you have free weekends as I suspect your schedule is busier than ours. You guys - and the kids - would have a ball.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:41 PM

Default Next time

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglassmt View Post
I did invite you, you moron. I figured that when I didn't hear back from you that you were too good for us so we went alone. Of course, you might not have gotten into ORS Thursday without that instrument ticket. Might have done it scud running or from the south but it was pretty solid overcast over the northern Cascades and the cirrus was close to the granitus below. Let us know when you have free weekends as I suspect your schedule is busier than ours. You guys - and the kids - would have a ball.
Yes... been flat out here...hoping slow down in next week or so. Then will be on track for few get-away's... I am sure impressed with your pictures and write up, looked like great time!
Dues 2015 pd
Old 06-26-2014, 07:30 AM

FANTASTIC write-up and pictures, Bryan! I'm showing this to my wife. A trip like this is at the top of our bucket list, as soon as the RV is flying. Thanks for the great inspiration!
Dues Proudly Paid for 2016
http://www.BrucesRV7A.com
Old 06-26-2014, 09:23 AM

Default Summer in the Banana Belt

Great trip report. I learned to fly in the Pac NW and sure miss it.
The Eastsound fly-in each Aug was one of my favorites.
I'll be up there the first couple of weeks of July and after reading your report I am inspired to do more camping and will pitch my tent in ORS the week before AWO's fly-in.