What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Installing Seattle Avionics approach plates & airport diagrams on Dynon SkyView HDX?

mcaf

I'm New Here
Installing Seattle Avionics approach plates & airport diagrams on Dynon SkyView HDX?

I've been scratching my head on this for a couple days and am hoping somewhere here can help me untangle how to install Seattle Avionics approach plates and airport diagrams on my Dynon Skyivew HDX *using an Apple Mac computer*

Background - we have a beautiful new Dynon Skyview HDX glass cockpit in our RV-8. So awesome!! I've gotten the Seattle Avionics Sectionals, and High and Low IFR charts, to display without issue.

However, try as I might I can't get the Airport Diagrams or Approach Plates to display. I've followed the instructions I dug up on Seattle Avionics' website http://seattleavionics.com/support/ChartDataInstallationGuide.pdf and am fairly sure I have the right files in the right folders (see screenshots attached below) but no cigar - there's no "Charts" tab on the airport INFO pages and the plates / diagrams won't appear.

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong?!

Thanks so much for any advice!
Marco
N8GR

view

view

Or ask tech support at FlyQ...

They have been very responsive the few times I have emailed them - notably once on a weekend evening. Good luck with your issue, I will be using a Dynon HDX and FlyQ on my -9A project. Eventually.

Some quick basics.
The plates reside on an external thumb drive. You have to have the thumb drive connected to the particular screen you want to view it on. For example, I have two screens, and two USB ports but can only view the info on the particular screen that the drive is connected to. (Unless I make two drives that both have the data)

Once you have a drive with the data loaded to the screen you want to view it on, go to map, select the airport, select info, and then scroll across the tabs to ?plates? which will give you the offerings for that airport. Highlight the one you want and select ?view?

Disclaimer, this was done from memory whilst watching a Longmire episode.
Good luck.

Back