What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New Trim Connector Show and Tell

Bruce Russell

Well Known Member
Thought you guys might want a look at the new trim connector. Enjoy.

photo%2525283%252529.JPG

Pins and connector

photo%2525282%252529.JPG

Pins inserted

photo%2525281%252529.JPG

Connector attached to servo tray

photo%252520copy.JPG

Trim Wire Connector

photo.JPG

Trim Wire plugged into tray.

Last edited:
Thanks Bruce,

I have the old tray but haven't installed the servo and wiring yet. Would you see any problems in making a small angle bracket for the new connector and riveting it to the tray? That way I wouldn't have to throw the lot away and start again.

I got my new servo tray and connectors today. Since I haven't quite closed up the tail yet, I figured now would be a good time to install the upgrade.

I also wanted to pick up the new wing/fuselage connector but Vans said that was not ready yet.

Nice pics Bruce. Unfortunately the new trim wire does not have any extra protection as it bends around the aft j stiffener.

JAL

Sure beats the conglomeration of spade terminals and receptacles that were there before. After inspection I removed the terminals and just soldered the ends together. Took all of 10 mins to do.

Nice upgrade. Now if we could just get a fix for the fuel tank.:rolleyes:

How does one get this? Is it part of the new avionics? ill Van's just send it to us ,or what?

I believe this is an update to the kit. All new kits will have it and older kits have the option of updating it with a call to Vans. As I understand it the original way is fine. Builders choice if you have the older kits.

You can upgrade the trim motor connectors by ordering the "12 Trim Wire Upgrade Kit". If you want a factory connected wire you can also order the WH-P30 late version (out about one week).

JAL

Just got my new servo tray. I notice it doesn't have the nutplate that the old one has - so how does it attach?

Shirley

Trim Wire Update Kit Part Number

Is there a part number to order the trim connector update kit? I could not find it on the web store.

Thanks, Bob

How big is the small round hole that big square connector will eventually need to be pulled through?

wet condition

Is this connector suited for wet conditions

Can you use some electric Gel in the connector

Last edited:
Just glad ...

I'm just glad I don't HAVE to make this upgrade! Why would I want to?

I will make the upgrade to the new rear window ... That Van's Aircraft will certainly come up with ... Eventually ...

Back