What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any RV-8 Owners/Builders/Pilots in Ohio??

MIKE JG

Well Known Member
I'm looking to check out someone's finished RV-8 here in Ohio, preferably the northern half of Ohio.

I'm just about to pull the trigger on the tail kit but before I do I really would like to experience a ride in an RV-8 to make sure it's really what I want to build.

I can fly or drive to just about any location, I'll even buy lunch and gas!

I tried to get this done at OSH this year but the opportunity did not present itself despite several afternoons spent roaming the HBP. And Van's didn't bring one to their booth unfortunately.

Mike
440-781-6302

Last edited:
Wrong end of the state, but there are numerous RV builders at KHAO near Cincinnati, including me. My RV8 is in a paint shop in TX right now, but will be home around the end of the month, and I?d be happy to give you a ride. You can also look at other RV8?s, 7?s, 9?s.

I might take you up on that, I've got access to an airplane so could possibly fly down to HAO to meet you when it's ready.

Thanks Tom, I will see if I can get in touch with him. You don't happen to know which airport he's based out of do you??

Thanks Tom, I will see if I can get in touch with him. You don't happen to know which airport he's based out of do you??

He?s at DLZ. Joe has a RV-7.

There are two RV-8?s at DLZ. Reach out to Jason Seavolt, he has one. There is just about every RV model at DLZ, including my RV-10.

Mike,

I have an untouched 8 tail kit for sale if you're interested. I'm located in northern Trumbull County. Message me for details.

A very big THANK YOU to Scott Hersha today for taking time out of his day to show me his airplane and take me for a ride. For early January the weather could not have been better! Scott has constructed a beautiful airplane.

There is an amazing GA and home builder community thriving there at Hamilton/Butler County that makes me a bit jealous to be at the opposite end of the state of Ohio.

Thanks again to Scott and everyone at KHAO that I met today for making it memorable day!

Mike Guenthner

Back