What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SV 15.2 from Vans

Top Cat

Well Known Member
Vans has put the last Dynon firmware update available for download from their site.

As advised by Vans when I bought my SLSA I always wait to download a firmware update until Vans has had a chance to vet it for potential RV-12 issues.
However, previously and with this latest 15.2 update, there aren't any settings files which I needed to update so it begs the question ....do I really need to wait for Vans to review the firmware update for a few months before downloading from them? Or, can I download from Dynon when it comes out and then review the Vans settings files a few months later after Vans has reviewed the firmware update?

Vans has put the last Dynon firmware update available for download from their site.

As advised by Vans when I bought my SLSA I always wait to download a firmware update until Vans has had a chance to vet it for potential RV-12 issues.
However, previously and with this latest 15.2 update, there aren't any settings files which I needed to update so it begs the question ....do I really need to wait for Vans to review the firmware update for a few months before downloading from them? Or, can I download from Dynon when it comes out and then review the Vans settings files a few months later after Vans has reviewed the firmware update?

Not sure, doesn't the Dynon-download overwrite unique AP settings? Maybe Vans does too?

As was mentioned above, I believe the Vans update will overwrite the autopilot settings. I downloaded the update to a USB stick and then deleted the 2 autopilot files. Will this work ?. I have not yet uploaded them into the Skyview.
Also, Vans update does not have the latest terrain/obstacle update, so I got that from the Dynon website. Anyone else do the same ?

Back