VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-01-2018, 05:10 PM

Default AEROLED AEROSUNVX LANDING LTS

Installing the aerosun VX in a 9A with the conversion kit. I'm not close to mounting wings or tips yet, but I would like to get the lights mounted in the tips. Does it matter if the tips haven't been fitted yet? Can I do them now?

Thanks,

Jay
Wings complete.
Fuselage in progress
Wiring in progress
2018 Donation made!
Old 08-01-2018, 09:10 PM

I installed the conversion kit into my RV-10 wing tips and mounted the landing lights and nav/strobe lights prior to fitting the tips to the wings. While I'm not flying yet, as far as I can tell it worked well, and it certainly didn't seem to impact my installation of the tips to the wings.

I also believe it made the cutting and fiber glassing in of the conversion tips much easier as I was able to work on the bench with full access to the inside and outside of the tips.

I can't say the same will be true for the RV-9, but I suspect the same would be true.

RV-10 Finishing Kit & FWF in-progress
2018 VAF Dues Paid
Old 08-02-2018, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot2512 View Post
Installing the aerosun VX in a 9A with the conversion kit. I'm not close to mounting wings or tips yet, but I would like to get the lights mounted in the tips. Does it matter if the tips haven't been fitted yet? Can I do them now?

Thanks,

Jay
I just finished (mostly) installing mine in the 10. It will be way easier to do the initial cutting and install with the wingtips off of the wings. I did the work installing the lights with the inserts first, and then installed the inserts onto the tip.
RV10 - Empennage (Started March 2017)
St. Albert, Alberta, Canada
2017 dues paid
Reserved:C-GRPY (GRumPY)

Last edited by RandyAB : 08-02-2018 at 12:32 AM.