What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vetterman crossover

RepmikeBrown

Well Known Member
Ordering a Vetterman exhaust for a conical 0320
I've got the older longer starter and was wondering if I'll have any problems with heat muff on the crossover? Appreciate any advice.
Mike

For those building or finishing a 4. I talked with Clint and he said they no longer make the crossover for the 4, so I guess it'll be a 4 pipe when it arrives.

Last edited:
RV-4 Exhaust

My brother and I built an RV-4. We used the Vetterman exhaust with four individual pipes. It is much easier to fit and requires virtually no modifications to the cowl other than trimming. Our heat muff is lower down the exhaust and encompasses the two right hand pipes. We also have the Prestolite starter (Long and 18 pounds) for CG reasons.

"Harley Exhaust" 4 pipe

I too have the 4 pipe "Harley Exhaust"..looks cool, sounds great. A bit louder, but everyone will know your sound...much different than crossover. Easy to fit, doesn't interfere with anything. Robbins Wings, I believe it is, makes a heat muff for the R/H 2 pipes. I fabbed my own heat and carb heat muff in similar fashion.

I thought Clint said the crossover had been discontinued for the 360 but was still made for the 320. Did you tell him you had a 320?

I thought Clint said the crossover had been discontinued for the 360 but was still made for the 320. Did you tell him you had a 320?

I don't think so. I bought one earlier this year and spoke with him in person as well as recently to swap it for the newer trombone exhaust (to accommodate my intake setup and future cold air sump plans). No mention of any discontinuation.

Custom Aircraft Parts?

You might check with Clinton Anderson at Custom Aircraft Parts in California. Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with them in any way. They made a custom crossover exhaust for my plane that I am happy with.

RV4 Crossover discontinued

Just got off the phone with Clint at Vetterman and confirmed what I thought he had told me when I ordered my exhaust. I'm good with the 4 pipe system. Just thought I'd share the info.
Mike

Back