What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WH-00111 dimmer pot

tomkk

Well Known Member
I got a WH-00111 5K ohm dimmer pot with my Avionics kit but I don't see an instruction for it's installation, either in the CD or my hard copy construction drawings. I can see it on the schematics - looks like it plugs into pins 6 & 7 of WH-00031 where it plugs into the Switch module.

I'm building ELSA and hesitate to just place it anywhere and wire it based on the schematics without it being referred to in the construction drawings. Any problem doing that? Where are you all placing it on the panel?

Actually, on closer look, the schematic refers to a ES-00195 5K dimmer pot, not a WH-00111 dimmer pot ...

Last edited:
In Control Module Section

I found the instructions on Page 42M-05, Step 1. I have REV 1 of the instructions that came with the G3X package.

As you suspected, the wires go into Pins 6 & 7. The diagram shows L1129 to P6 & L1128 to P7, but in the instructions it states that they can go in the other way also. There is a note to use the Dimmer Only with AV-50000A R2 or greater.

FYI. There is also a Service Letter that I received from Vans that some of the WH-00111 Dimmers were wired incorrectly. I don't see the Service Letter on Van's website. A correctly wired Dimmer should have wires coming from loop 1 & 2. If there is a wire on loop 3, cut it off and move it to loop 1.

When looking at the Pot from the back there are two loops on the right & one loop on the left. The Top Right is #3 and the Bottom Right is #1.

An incorrectly wired Pot will still work, but backwards from normal.

Last edited:
Thanks, Rick. I hadn't printed that page yet - my 42M-05 is at the old rev. level. Serves me right for putting that off ... :)

Back