What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

reason for rotating Fuel Block?

dbhill916

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I'm on page 46-09 and trying to rotate the fuel block around the compensator tube as called out by step #6 & 7. I've looked ahead in the instructions, but am not able to deduce the rationale behind this maneuver. The fuel lines are definitely not happy going to the new location of the fuel block (even after I've slid it sideways to even out the slack.) I'm currently leaving it alone for a while before I get frustrated and end up cross threading the lower banjo bolt because of the push/pull of the displaced fuel lines.

Can anyone fill me in on why we are doing this? :confused:

thanks in advance,
-dbh

Fuel block trouble?

Hey David,
Short answer: I don't know either. Went downstairs and looked at my engine installation. Looks like the hose routings are a little cleaner (as flipped) and the line from the fuel pump to the block might be under tension if the block wasn't flipped, but just a tad longer line would have solved that. Only thing I could see is that flipping the block give a little more clearance below the upper cowl.

All that said, I didn't experience the problems you described. How about double-checking the instructions (as I've had to many times). If all else fails post some pix?

Dave

Back