What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SV 12.0 odd ADSB traffic response after update

Top Cat

Well Known Member
Today I uploaded SV.12.0 from the Vans site along with the ADS-B .dfg file as directed by Vans.

I flew immediately afterwards and note that the ADS-B display looks a bit different. Instead of getting the ADS-B and TIS status on the left side of the map screen I now get the status on the lower right.

Today I had ADS-B 'OK' or "On no radar' and TIS with "OK" or not there.

I didn't see any traffic for a while. Then I suddenly got a Traffic alert with the yellow dot at my position and altitude. The direction trend vector flooded my heading changes and the whole display remained for about 20 mins before disappearing.

I did pick up a couple of other traffic alerts later which appeared to be behaving normally.
The file is 12-ADS-B-PRE-SETS-04-03-14.dfg and is reloaded as SV.12 wipes out the settings installed at Vans.

I have anew SLSA and so haven't much exposure to the ADS-B display and certainly haven't seen the traffic alert on my own plane, and for so long.

Just wondering if anyone has and ideas? Perhaps I need to tweak something in the settings?

Thanks for any help!

Back