What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

After Mitch, who will have first RV-14 flying?

MS19087

Well Known Member
I saw Mitch featured in the recent posting from the Mid Atlantic fly in. He mentioned that his -14A should be flying by November. Who will be next:D

Thanks Vlad,
It all depends on how quickly Van's gets the fwf kit ready. We are shooting for Xmas.

Barnwell, S.C.

Two of my friends are doing their firewall forward and have already contacted me about transition training.

They're located in Barnwell, S.C. and have built -7A and a -12 with a bought RV-8A.

Best,

FWF kit?

I do not expect the FWF kit by Christmas this year.

Ron, Ron, Ron...
Your lucky, the straight 14 guys are still in line for a finishing kit. I don't expect to be the first in flight since I don't have landing gear. :) I do suspect we will catch up since the firewall forward and avionics kits should be very similar.

Last edited:
I don't bet on me. Yeah, I'll be working hard to get it done as I MUST finish it before spring. But I'm not even betting on the FWF kit being ready before the end of the year, the way things are going. There hasn't been communication #1 on any status of FWF. So I guess I'm with Ron in that I am guessing after Christmas for the FWF kit.

Either way, I'll bet against me. I'm going to have some time when I'll be physically unable to work in November, and then there are the holidays. If I don't finish it by May though, it may be next fall, which will be an extreme disappointment. I'll be praying for a winter like last year, not the one before, where we had 60+ days of below zero temps...

21414727644_0453569404_b.jpg

It will be Alex De Dominicis in Texas.... We shipped the panel last week. The panel has AF-5600T touch screens, PS Engineering Remote Audio Panel, TruTrak Gemini, Co Detector, GTN-650, Mode S ES Transponder, ADS-B Weather and traffic.

We should be shipping two more RV-14 panels before the end of the month.

Rob Hickman
Advanced Flight Systems Inc.

It will be Alex De Dominicis in Texas.... We shipped the panel last week. The panel has AF-5600T touch screens, PS Engineering Remote Audio Panel, TruTrak Gemini, Co Detector, GTN-650, Mode S ES Transponder, ADS-B Weather and traffic.

We should be shipping two more RV-14 panels before the end of the month.

Rob Hickman

Unfortunately, having a panel doesn't mean anything. I've had my panel installed for a month, but no wheels, no motor mount, no FWF kit.

Unfortunately, having a panel doesn't mean anything. I've had my panel installed for a month, but no wheels, no motor mount, no FWF kit.

Alex is part of the factory RV-14 training program and just like Mitch has the parts.

We have other RV-14 panel customers that already have it on the gear, with the wheels, wheel pants and engine mount done, with a nose wheel.....

Rob Hickman

Last edited:
Finish kit?

Any idea when the finish kits for the RV14 are to be shipped? I am ready for it. FWF too.

Last edited:
Back