What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DWG 74 Detail B

Rv8Medic

Hello all,
I've got an RV-8 QB with a question about screws going from the fuselage into the gear box. I've looked at the plans numerous times and haven't been able to find out when the 15 AN09-10R screws should be installed into the fuselage through to the gear box. I've got the gear on, fuel vents installed and it's getting crowded. It seems like it should be sooner rather than later. Thanks!

Ok it took me a while to find it, I couldnt remember, lol imagine that.
Pg 8-40 first sentence on page answered your question. Hope this helps.

Bird

So, I looked at page 40, section 8, and noticed it is well before where the plans say for the Quicker Builder to begin. Basically I started somewhere around page 47 (where the plans say, hey QBers, start here). I've got the appropriate hardware and will install the screws this weekend. I was wondering if any other QBer had any difficulties doing this so late.... I have my fuel vents, electrical wires, antenna cables, and gear bolts all inside the gear boxes and it's getting crowded. DG

Yeah they really should be in considering where u are at in the build.

Happy building

Bird

Me too

Just printed out this thread, so I could take it out to the shop and check my project. Sure enough, I've got a lot of empty, dimpled holes that need screws?and the QB instructions don't give you a clue.
I guess, I'll have to read the whole darn manual to find out what ELSE needs to be done that I thought I paid for already.

holes need de-burring

Just spent an hour trying to de-burr these 15 holes that were drilled thru my gear weldment, but not de-burred during QB assembly.
It took so much time, because NOW, I have all sorts of stuff in my gear towers, and it's next to impossible to get access to the holes from the inside. :mad:
I ended up "prying" an "in-and-out" deburr tool in the holes. It wasn't the right size, but by angling the tool, I was able to knock off the sharp, steel burrs and edges on the inside of the fuselage. Hope this lessens the chance for cracks.
QuickBuilders Beware?deburr these holes BEFORE you start stuffing your gear towers!

Back