What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shunt size and install drwing

Gents,
I have one of those Electronics International Volt/Ammeter with external shunt on order, but will take some time until it will reach me. In the meantime I'd like to get ready with everything for its installation. Can somebody let me have the details of the installation drawing, size, mechanical attaching, electrical connections, etc.?
TNX and advance and
BSTRGRDS
Mike
4X ORV (reserved)
s/n 70434
getting there :)

TNX

TNX Gary
Unfortunately the manual does not carry any of the details I am interested in, such as size (LxWxH) and attaching holes geometry. Still interested in those.
BTW, there is a note in the text that the shunt can be on the battery line or on the alternator line. Which one will serve me best?
BSTRGRDS
Mike, 70434
4X-ORV (res)

TNX Gary
Unfortunately the manual does not carry any of the details I am interested in, such as size (LxWxH) and attaching holes geometry. Still interested in those.
BTW, there is a note in the text that the shunt can be on the battery line or on the alternator line. Which one will serve me best?
BSTRGRDS
Mike, 70434
4X-ORV (res)

Page 18 of this Dynon manual shows the three usual locations and describes the differing readings each location gives.

It's your choice which one to pick.

http://www.dynonavionics.com/includes/guides/EMS-D10_Installation_Guide_Rev_I.pdf

These are the choices -

Position A: Ammeter indicates current flow into or out of your battery. In this position, it will show both positive and negative currents. (-60A to 60A)
Position B: Ammeter indicates only the positive currents flowing from the alternator to both the battery and aircraft loads. (0A-60A)
Position C: Ammeter indicates the current flowing only into the aircraft loads. (0A-60A)

Back