What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Light kit epoxy suggestions?

bhassel

Well Known Member
Ops, I didn't look far enough ahead and see that I now need to order some epoxy for installing the position lights.

I'm afraid my old MSG from the 'Cozy MK IV' build days is shot. I'd rather go with something that doesn't require a haz-mat team to deliver.

Any one have suggestions or can tell me what you used?

Thanks,

Bob

West epoxies, from Spruce or possibly your nearest boat supply store.

PS I know you are not near much water....:) - but I'm not either in Tucson and I can get West stuff here at a boat store...:D

Thanks, I was leaning to West even though there doesn't appear to be a store in the state. That's what FedEx is for...

Did you use any filler or straight resin/hardener? 205/105?

Bob

Last edited:
A third vote for West Systems, just be prepared for $50/qt

What if you don't have use for a full quart at this stage, and don't want to store it for who-knows-how-long? It looks like only an ounce or two of epoxy-flox mix is needed to fill/seal the wing tip lights fiberglass along the wing tip edge rib. Is there another two-part product that comes in a 1 or 2 oz size that would work for this app? Thanks.

What if you don't have use for a full quart at this stage, and don't want to store it for who-knows-how-long? It looks like only an ounce or two of epoxy-flox mix is needed to fill/seal the wing tip lights fiberglass along the wing tip edge rib. Is there another two-part product that comes in a 1 or 2 oz size that would work for this app? Thanks.

It's shelf life is quite long. :D

Back