What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thermostasis Oil thermostat

Dave12

Well Known Member
I am now flying the 2nd 12 and along with the mod that made John famous, I also have the mod that made Marty famous (i think:confused:).
The oil thermostat is excellent. I purchased it from Steve at Aircraft Specialties and Tom of TS Flightlines. I also bought their relocation kit and Brake lines. The service from both vendors was better than I ever expected and the product quality is great.
Regarding the oil thermostat, I can't say enough good about it. Very short warm-up!! Very constant temp during a long cold descent. No more dipping into the yellow upon reaching traffic pattern altitude. Great idea Marty (I think it was you).

My understanding of Flight Design is they are now standard thanks to Kent Johnson of Stanton Sport Aviation.

THANK YOU - - -

Many have copied it. I helped Marty install his the same way I did mine. This and the "Heater Damper Door" make this a good cold weather plane now. I also very much appreciate the Reiff Engine Pre-heat kit.

Well, it appears that I have my credits all wrong. As usual, the" Master Thinker" Joe is right once again. Anyway, it's a good mod.

They make a thermostat for Jabiru too. We're now installing them as standard equipment on our S-LSAs. Very nice!! :D

Hey Dave, don't sell your cowl mod short. It's also a fantastic mod!!

Tom

Thanks Tom. I also moved the new one forward as soon as the epoxy was dry on the cowl duct. I could barely slip my little finger between the muffler and the oil cooler. I can easily slide my hand in there now.

Back