What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Help re 34-PLY Template Dimensions

Chopkins

Hi All

I'm after 5 mins of help. I've lost my paper templates for the fibreglass layup around the front of the canopy. VANS have kindly sent me a PDF of the template to save me waiting for it in the snail mail (I'm in the UK). So that I can get it printed to the right size, I need the dimensions of the black border that frames the template drawings. I can then give this to my printed so he can scale it accordingly.

Can anyone do me a favour and pop into their workshop and measure the border?

Thanks in anticipation.

Anthony
G-RVTW
Tamworth, England

Anthony,

Per section 3 of the RV-12 plans the borders on the printed templates should measure 16" x 10 9/16".

Happy Building,

Thanks John

I've printed it to these dimensions and it is way too small. I presume that the canopy masking plans that are in the kit are printed on paper that is bigger than A3.

Anthony

I think if you set your printer to 100% it will print it to full scale if the printer is big enough or it will print more than one page and you can tape them together.

Not sure

Joe D

Hi All

I'm after 5 mins of help. I've lost my paper templates for the fibreglass layup around the front of the canopy. VANS have kindly sent me a PDF of the template to save me waiting for it in the snail mail (I'm in the UK). So that I can get it printed to the right size, I need the dimensions of the black border that frames the template drawings. I can then give this to my printed so he can scale it accordingly.

Can anyone do me a favour and pop into their workshop and measure the border?

Thanks in anticipation.

Anthony
G-RVTW
Tamworth, England

Joe is correct. Depending on which version of Adobe Acrobat you have, in the "Print" dialog box, there is a section called "Page Sizing & Handling." You want to select "Poster," set "Tile Set" to 100%, set the amount of "Page Overlap" you want, and it should print the entire template at actual size on multiple pieces of paper that you can tape together.

Have you looked

These are in a separate brown envelope which I nearly missed. Have a search. I'm up norf but if you can suggest anyway to copy, willing to help.
Jim D

34-Ply templet dimensions

Anthony,

The black line border of my 34-ply templet date 1/11/10, revision 1, measures 21 x 33 inches (to 1/32 of an inch.

Sorry for the delay, a combination of being out of town and then finding it.

-Dave

Thanks Guys - Much appreciated

I've spent ages getting it re-printed and then, as per Jamesey's advice, I went searching again and found the template lurking in a polypocket in my build manual. Doh!

The fibreglass is now on and is curing! - I hope it trims nicely.

Not much to do now - Tailcone fitment, lots of fettling and voila! - Hopefully I can get it in the air by the summer.

Regards

Anthony
G-RVTW

Back