What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Phoenix Area RV-7 and RV-9 Ride Request

Copperhed51

I'm New Here
Hi all,

This is my first post here on VAF. I am a 121 guy flying the Airbus regularly and just bought the Isham tools to get started on my RV build. I am trying to decide between the 7 and the 9. Most people suggest the best way to decide is to ride in both. I?d love to go up and see what each airplane has to offer. I am down in QC and would really appreciate anybody who is able to help me out. This is the first of many big decisions on my build and I?d like to get it right. If anybody has any leads on who I could contact, I?m all ears.

Thanks,
Ryan

7 Ride

Hey Ryan,

My 7 isn't done but I'm sure my neighbor will take you for a ride in his beautiful 7. He's retired ATC. I'll check with him and get back to you.

Hey Ryan,

My 7 isn't done but I'm sure my neighbor will take you for a ride in his beautiful 7. He's retired ATC. I'll check with him and get back to you.

That sounds great. I appreciate it. Where are you at in the building process and do you have any advice before I get started? I?ve finished the toolbox and it went pretty smoothly, though I made some errors for sure. My overall impression after finishing the toolbox was that I actually think I can do this. I?m really excited to get started!

I don't think you're going to find a whole lot of difference between the two... Just answer the question on whether you want the aerobatic capability or not.

But... Riding is always fun too!

Hey Ryan, I have an RV-7 out here at Goodyear. I'd be glad to take you up sometime. I'll PM my contact info.

Back