What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N84H Out of Phase 1

Randy Hooper

Well Known Member
Well we have have had great to fair weather in Middle Tennessee over the past month. This has allowed me to get some consistent flying, getting through Phase 1.
I was free of my test area on Friday allowing me to take Malinda, my supportive wife, to Kentucky Dam (M34) on Saturday. Our EAA chapter 863 schedules an annual fly-out to have lunch at Miss Patti's.
Over the past three weeks I have put 48 hours on my new RV with very few items to address.
Last week Sam posted my aprs track which created some emails requesting a photo.

http://i478.photobucket.com/albums/rr145/n84h/N84HM54030.jpg

RV-8 Slow Build
O-360
Sensenich Fixed Pitch
Lotsafun

My aprs is on vacation until I can pull the floor to see why it no longer is getting packets out. It is a 300mw unit that has been doing very good. This may be an opportunity to replace it (more power) to increase the low level coverage.
Well I am having fun and hope to run into many of the good RV folks around the country.

I can taste the pork chops

Congratulations.

Patti's will definitely be a place on my flying destinations if I ever get my plane completed. My brother and I discussed going there when he completes his sport pilot training. I'm guessing Moonlight BBQ is still a good place to go in Owensboro. For now I'm grounded - can't afford to build and fly.

Gorgeous 8

I really like it Randy. Love that Blue! Hopefully we will get to see it in person Saturday.

We went to Middlesboro, Ky yesterday for a short day trip. Glacier Girl has been gone for a while, but still nice visit to Cumberland Gap park and Chew Choo BBQ at the old Depot in Cumberland Gap City.

We are going to have to change our APRS antenna to get better coverage on ours. The 10 watts helps but also breaks squelch on the comm every time a packet goes out. I need more separation on the antenna before it smokes the front end on the comm.

John Myers
RV-8 N851JM 150+ hrs

Beautiful RV-8

Nice...really nice, Randy. :)

I can't wait to see N84H in person. Maybe at Moontown.

BTW, is the -4 for sale???

Thanks for the replies.
John, I am planning to see you at Winchester Saturday. Geneva makes the best pancakes and I don't want to miss that.
Don, I hope to see you at Moontown on the 20th. Yep I can sell the -4 now. It's sitting in the corner with it's feelings hurt from lack of attention.
I'll miss the 13th breakfast in Murfreesboro. EAA 863 is hosting a warbird fly-in that day in Lebanon (M54). I will be cooking pork for the after party.

I hit 20hrs this morning. 20 more to go. I started on the 24th of may. I bet you are relieved, no more leash. I can't wait. They put a 75mile radius on me and I can't do any pattern over the city. So I have to take off and fly north all the time, I land I have to fly north first, than land. No night, no wife. 20 more, it will be quick. :D

Way to go Randy

Great to see your beautiful bird on the front page. Hope to see you again in south Florida.:)

KCEY

Randy,
Next time you're that close, stop in at Murray (KCEY). I'd love to see your plane. I'm usually there every Saturday. Trying to finish up my PPL now.

Back