What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rolling shop stool

Av8rRob

Well Known Member
My $19 p.o.s. Harbor freight stool has broken. Any recommendations fir a good quality stool that is not outrageously priced? (im sure snap-on has a beauty for like $450)

Thanks

I picked up a nice pneumatic lift office chair from a used office furniture store for ?cheap? and made a padded round seat in place of the chair.

I guess I should clarify that Im looking for an adjustable low stool. Not the taller ones.

Sams club used to have a nice one, no idea if they still do.

Also, check NAPA auto parts.

Mike

The Torin "Big Red" brand ones aren't terrible. They are all pretty much junk, these have held up well.

I picked up a nice pneumatic lift office chair from a used office furniture store for “cheap” and made a padded round seat in place of the chair.

I shortened the pedestal of an old rolling office chair to where it sits ~18" off the floor. The chair with back is very comfortable.

I shortened the pedestal of an old rolling office chair to where it sits ~18" off the floor. The chair with back is very comfortable.

Just checked mine and the seat top is at 17” (unmodified). The pneumatic adjustment is still intact. It will go up/down from its current height.

The cheap Kobaullt with the tray looks like a bargain - assuming a reasonable lifespan.

Last edited:
Back