What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

terminal block versus bus bar

pastranafan5

I'm starting my wiring and am confused about how the terminal block and bus bar should be set up. Does anybody have a picture of theirs that I can look at and get some ideas? Thank you.

I think it depends on your plan for your wiring. Using bus bars is a good approach if you are using circuit breakers. If you are using fuses then the fuse block provides the power distribution to the protection devices (fuses). To me terminal blocks are best used for other functions instead of this type of power distribution. An example might be a circuit where you need power to several locations on the same circuit, say maybe interior lighting as an example. Terminal blocks could also be used instead of a connector in certain cases to join wires. I'm not really a fan of terminal blocks, but there may be some use for them in certain applications.

I used a couple of terminal blocks in the build. Here, on the sub panel, it makes for easy, organized connections from the main harness to the instrument panel harness. I used another one just aft of the control stick linkage for the nav/strobe lights, where three wires were feeding into one terminal.

Back