What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Perth, Australia RV'ers?

Well Known Member
So, it seems I will be traveling to Perth, Australia soon for work. Any RV'ers in the area?

I recently moved from Perth back to the east coast so unfortunately I can't help you directly, but you'll find a good mix of RV's in and around Perth. AJ from Bindoon is a member here, there are several RV's at Jandakot and the Sport Aircraft Builders Club at Serpentine is also home to a few. In fact my RV6A was built at Serpentine.

Looking up the SAAA chapter contacts would also be a good way to get in touch with RVers.

So I think I saw an RV flying over downtown Perth today. Anyone here?
Not sure why so little response to your post.
Should be quite a few RV's in Perth area, but matbe they are all shy!
If ever in eastern states there are a lot who will be around and would love to be in contact.
Regards, and enjoy Perth - a lovely place.
John (Melbourne)

Last edited:
If you want to take a trip down the Kwinana freeway to Serpentine airfield today (YSEN on Yangedi Rd), you will come across a few. The SABC's monthly meeting is at 2:00pm this afternoon, so there should be a bit of activity on the field today.
http://www.sabc.org.au/

Last edited:
Not sure why so little response to your post.
Should be quite a few RV's in Perth area, but matbe they are all shy!
If ever in eastern states there are a lot who will be around and would love to be in contact.
Regards, and enjoy Perth - a lovely place.
John (Melbourne)

I'm back in the States, but I'm pretty sure I saw an RV (couldn't determine the exact model) flying over the river in downtown Perth on Saturday the 27th. Looked like a lot of fun!

If you want to take a trip down the Kwinana freeway to Serpentine airfield today (YSEN on Yangedi Rd), you will come across a few. The SABC's monthly meeting is at 2:00pm this afternoon, so there should be a bit of activity on the field today.
http://www.sabc.org.au/

Unfortunately I didn't have a car (was being driven around by a supplier) and we didn't meet up until Sunday morning. For whatever reason I didn't see this response while I was in town.

Next time I'm there I hope to have more advance notice.

Back