What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MAP sensor location

219PB

Well Known Member
I have a question. My EFII kit states to mount the MAP sensors (2) behind the firewall. My Dynon MAP sensor is the same sensor and they state that it can be mounted firewall forward. How many have mounted their forward of the firewall? This would ease the firewall penetrations significantly.

I mounted mine aft of the firewall, on a piece of AA that is riveted to the upper horizontal AA that that runs across the back of the firewall.

Make sure to mount it with plate nuts to aid future maintenance.

To get the MAP line through the firewall, I used an AN807 Adaptor Hose to Universal fitting (In aluminum, Aircraft Spruce shows the picture in brass but they also have aluminum.)

I tried to put as many plastic parts aft of the firewall as I could.

Try to mount with the vacuum port inverted. This reduces the chances of condensation sitting on the sensor element which can cause failure over time.

Ideally, you want your MAP sensor located higher than the cylinder with the line sloping back toward the cylinder. This is so the inevitable condensation will drain back rather than into your sensor. If you can't do that, put a drip leg at the low point the line to trap the condensation.

Thanks for all of your input. I will put it on the firewall side up high with all of the lines sloping down to the throttle body with no drip legs. I am trying to minimize my firewall penetrations.

Went with two AN 4 bulkhead fittings up high on the firewall, went through to sub panel and mounted my three MAPS there, all the avionics and EFII ECMs are on the sub facing rearward to avoid future under panel diving adventures. All accessible from the two big holes where the displays go.

Back