What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Two thumbs up (Sporty's & TruTrak)

jpowell13

Well Known Member
I wanted to compliment two vendors that have come through already for me this year.

The screen on my Sportys handheld radio quit working. It's about three years old, so at best, I was hoping to get it fixed at my own expense. But, in 10 days I got it back with a new screen at no cost other than what I paid to have it shipped to Sportys. I went back and checked their website and saw the warrantee on the radio is 5 years. Not bad for a $315 handheld.

The other is Trutrak. I love my AP IV EFIS, even though, the company quit making EFIS's a couple of years ago. I have the avionics functions backed up in case the screen fails on an IFR leg, but what about the autopilot function? Then, I remembered that an option for the EFIS was an AP Level module that instructs the EFIS to fly straight and level at the current heading and altitude when you push the magic button. I called Zack at Trutrak. "Yes", they still had the module for the vaunted price of $50 plus shipping. Thanks Zack the little unit works As advertised. Best $50 I ever spent.

John

Last edited:
Back