What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Annunciator Lights

rapid_ascent

Well Known Member
I finally got my annunciator lights working. Yes I have idiot lights on my panel. :D Mine are similar to the ones others have put together that are of similar desires who feel the need for separate indicators. I did decide to build a PCB to control the lights so that I could have a push to test function for all of the lights. Again not rocket science but more in building the plane the way I want it. Here are a few pics that show the lights and the controller board.

8zo01u.jpg

Here's what it looks like when I push the test button.

2ymsx77.jpg

Here is the little controller board that I built.

30ib8md.jpg

If anyone is interesting in one of these boards PM me. I still have a few sets of parts left over.

If anyone is interested in a board I still have a couple of sets of parts left. PM me if you are interested. After that I'm going back to plane building. Too many side projects here.

For the last one I'll donate the proceeds to DR.

Well I found a couple more boards so if anyone is interested I could make them available. I guess I have too many parts to keep track of around here. :D

I hope these controllers are working our for those of you that got them. I'd be interested in seeing a pic of your installation. I'm not actually up to that point in the build to install mine yet. Don't worry fully tested on the bench.

I still have a couple more boards available for those of you that still want independent annunciator lights.

Ray,

I'm looking to fabricate a set of annunciator lights and I really like your design. Can you give me some details on how the controller board functions? Is that an off-the-shelf board, or did you create it? I'm looking for something I can integrate with a Garmin G3X.

Thanks,
Rob

Rob,

I designed it. I'm a EE by trade. Its nothing really complicated. There are other similar designs around. I just put the functions in that I wanted for my plane.

If you give your email address I can send you a copy of the little manual that I wrote up to help folks hook it up. Basically it has two inputs for each output. You can pick whether you use the active high or the active low input to light up the indicator. There is a push to test function that lights all of the lights which is a function that I wanted. Also there are a few passthrough signals so you can keep the wiring clean if you want to add any switches besides the push to test.

I plan to use it with my G3X system when I get to the point of that purchase. I put lots of options in for how it can be used. It's probably best to look at the manual, then ask questions.

Also if you want I could send you the file for the frame that I had fabricated at Front Panel Express.

Ray

Back