What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

vertical power

868RM

Well Known Member
VP- 50 help needed

I have a Vertical Power vp-50 that the switch panel and its display went dead. The connections all appear to be good.The CU (control unit) has a yellow diode blinking a steady blink. I cannot find any reference to this light in any of vertical power manuals. My next task will to remove the cord that goes from the CU to the switch panel and check the contacts and ring the wires. Every thing worked 3 days ago, but this morning display and switches did nothing. If any one has a vp-50 or vp-100 that they removed I would be interested in buying it. Thanks Ron

Last edited:
phone call

I will give them a call on Monday after I check the harness. Just thought someone might know about the blinking light.

Ron,

Please let us know how you make out.

Hopefully Marc will respond to what the yellow light is.

I have a VP100 and was lucky to buy a backup from a fellow =VAF='er

Good luck

check out

The harness checked perfect. Both grounds checked and input power was 13.4 volts. Will call tomorrow.

Will call tomorrow.

Hmm, good luck with that, be great if you actually get a positive response. VP has not been supporting this model for a number of years. Marc Ausman ("MCA" on this forum) might know what the light on the CU is for. If I were you I would send him a PM.

Another thing I would try is to take the unit out and set it up on a bench. Then I would try to reinstall the software.

And as you already have asked for, find a replacement unit.

Obsolescence sucks!

IIRC, that means the CU can't communicate with the switch panel.

As you suggest, the easiest thing to try is the cable, which is a standard 15 pin MF shielded computer cable. You can source them at any computer shop.

Next, let's determine if it is the entire switch panel or just the display. Are the lights on the switches on or everything is off? PM me and I'd be glad to try and help. I also have copies of the manuals if you need them.

Astronics will support the VP-X for a long time, but they aren't supporting the "legacy" products.

Last edited:
Back