What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Pedal Extensions

DwightFrye

I have a friend who wants to get some experience flying my RV-7, but she is of very short stature and with the seat moved as far forward as possible (and a fairly thick pillow behind her back) she still can only touch the rudder pedals with the tips of her toes. Unfortunately for her to see over the panel well I also have to use booster cushions, which makes the rudder-pedal-reach-problem even worse.

I'm wondering if anyone has come up with pedal extensions for the style pedals in the RV-7? I've not measured closely, but I'm assuming I may need as much as an extra 2-3 inches. In an ideal world they would be easy to install and remove, and be adequately secure when installed.

Thoughts?

Ray,

Thanks for the input. Some of these I've seen, but one is new to me and another option might need to be revisited.

One of the options you point to, Van's offering, happens to be one I've seen before and decided to not pursue only because they were billed as being for the RV-12. I assumed (maybe incorrectly!) that they were specific to that model. After all, the pedal design is quite different in the -12.

Has anyone successfully used these on an RV-7? Just curious.

Dwight---I fly right seat in Raymo's 7A. I'm 5'3 on a good day, so my legs arent very long. NO vertically deficient jokes here! I use a cushion in Rays plane and lean the seat back so it moves me forward just enough. Yep----I'm going to have to do something custom in my 7 to solve this.

Tom

Back