What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pitot and AOA routing

RViator60

Well Known Member
I'm installing a GAP26 heated pitot/AOA and can't find any description in Van's plans on how they are ultimately routed from the left wing through the fuselage. I'm running red and blue 1/4" plastic tubing and thought I could terminate these with bulkhead fittings on the wing root aft of the main spar to ease wing attachment. I'm interested in how other RV14 builders have done this.

Tubes

In my -10, I used bulkhead fittings to pass through the fuselage sides. Push to connect fittings were installed in the bulkhead fittings.

I also used push to connect fittings. Cut the lines very clean at 90 degrees.

I would high recommend grounding the heated pitot and the lights using a shielded wire that runs back to your main battery ground bus. If you are using the Van's recommended GMU 22 mounting bracket make sure you use the Garmin copper screws and read the direction on other metal parts located near the GMU 22. You are trying to void any "magnetic anomaly" warnings after you install your avionics.

Back