What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Weight and Balance Form - RV-12

f1rocket

Well Known Member
Okay guys, you can tell I'm getting close to the end with all these stupid questions of mine. Where are/is the weight and balance form that goes in the permanent record? The only thing I've found is the worksheet in the acceptance procedures, which I've completed. (754 lbs and 79.85 in.) I also found a spot in the operator guide to enter the data but no specific form. Is there one?

Randy,

Sent ya a PDF (fillable) form we use for Eagle's Nest Projects. Sent to your email pilot@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hope this helps!

Weight and Balance

The FAA also wanted me to fill out a most Fwd C/G calc. and most Aft. calc. for my records. It was a good excersise to see how the RV12 can be loaded.

Used the FAA instead of a DAR this time around.

FAA Order 8130.2G Airworthiness Certification of Aircraft and Related Products at:

http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgOrders.nsf/0/7a09d53fb0d5325586257885004d9e1b/$FILE/8130.2G_CHG1_Incorporated.pdf

is a very useful source for information related to certification inspection of aircraft. For E-LSA aircraft, see: Section 8.

Weight and balance forms

Ernie and Kurt,
May I ask you to forward a copy of the forms you sent to Randy? I would certainly appreciate it. I've done the PAP weight and balance worksheet, but not any other form...it does not appear to address rear CG numbers. Am I missing something here? Thanks for the assist/info!!
Buzz

I found a great app for my iPhone called "Aviation Weight & Balance". You set it up for your airplane and it does all the calculations for you. It has a lot of neat features.

BTW, I can't get anywhere near the rear CG limit unless I overload the baggage area.

BTW, I can't get anywhere near the rear CG limit unless I overload the baggage area.
Neither could I. A small (like, 125# or so) pilot could. I'm not in any danger... ever. Interestingly, when I played around with the numbers I don't think I could get the CG too far forward either.

Back