What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

540 Ignition wires

gnorm

I'm New Here
Need a set of ignition wires for my io-540 d4a5 with dual bendix s-200 mags and 3/4 inch sparkplugs. A.S. Is backordered for Kelly Aerospace KA12120. There has to be an alternative than $500 for a set of wires. Good gosh! Cost more than my new dishwasher!

Easy Peasy!

Need a set of ignition wires for my io-540 d4a5 with dual bendix s-200 mags and 3/4 inch sparkplugs. A.S. Is backordered for Kelly Aerospace KA12120. There has to be an alternative than $500 for a set of wires. Good gosh! Cost more than my new dishwasher!

Since you have Bendix mags (hotter spark) you can switch to auto plugs and wires. Look at the G3 ignition setup - I set my 550 up with those parts and it really sounds like it likes ?em: mag drop is 10-20. You'll need to buy the MSD tool to trim the wires, and some parts from Tom - and instructions, but it is way better to have those HD wires.

And no RF interference from the auto wires too. Git ?r dun!

If your mags need work, send ?em to Magneto ER in AR.

2apss.com has them

BTW: AeroParts and Supply Southwest shows them: 2APSS DOTCOM On another note I have two rebuilt SLICK MAGS removed from my IO-540 D4A5 for sale if needed at the cost of rebuild without having to pay any $500 core charges. I think one was about $900 and the other $700 I now have SureFly Mag. PM if interested, ED

Back