What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

earthx charger

bobnoffs

Well Known Member
just ordered my first of 2 earthx batteries. they publish a long list of chargers that are compatible but i wanted to know what others here are using.
what's anyone using to charge their earthx?

Optimate

Optimate TM-291. I only used it once on receipt. I have not had a need since...

Cheers, Sean

Earthx OSH special were discounts on their accessories including their chargers. I would give a call and buy a charger directly from them.

TM-291 like Fun said. However, every few months I plug mine in and leave it connected for several hours. If the battery cells aren't balanced, this balances them. Improves battery performance, IMO.

I use my Odyssey 6 amp charger. I already had it when I converted to the EarthX, and it's on the approved list for charging, but it won't reset the BMS. If I was buying new, I'd get one from EarthX.

I use my Odyssey 6 amp charger. I already had it when I converted to the EarthX, and it's on the approved list for charging, but it won't reset the BMS. If I was buying new, I'd get one from EarthX.

Same here, and same experience with not resetting a tripped BMS. I had to jump another lead-acid onto the earthX for several minutes to reset the BMS, then put the charger on the pair, and when it started taking current I disconnected the lead-acid.

Back