What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Skyview ADSB and foreflight

Joe Parish

Well Known Member
Can anyone confirm that skyview sends ADSB traffic and weather to foreflight? I would think it would but cannot find anything. I'm making the assumption that since it isn't advertised, it does not exist. Thanks

Joe,
The latest news on the Dynon blog is FF implemented something different than Dynon expected. Dynon needs to tweak their SW to make it work consistently.

That being said I get weather 100% of the time from the 472 on my iPad (FF) and traffic 75% of the time. If I don't change apps or let the FF app sleep it stays connected. I flew IFR from Albany, NY to Zeeland, MI last Sunday and never lost the weather or traffic. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before Dynon gets it straightened out.

Gary

Thanks Gary, I am still in phase one but hooked up the iPad before lift off today and never could get weather or traffic on foreflight. Wondering if I'm missing something in foreflights menu to get it to show. It's showing up on my HDX but nothing on the iPad. Thanks Joe

I have AFS screens, but I have the Dynon 472 ADSB receiver and WiFi dongle. I've got the new version that just started shipping a few weeks ago.

I had no problems with Foreflight receiving ADSB data on my last flight.

Last edited:
Thanks Gary, I am still in phase one but hooked up the iPad before lift off today and never could get weather or traffic on foreflight. Wondering if I'm missing something in foreflights menu to get it to show. It's showing up on my HDX but nothing on the iPad. Thanks Joe

Did you connect to the HDX wifi?

I have the latest Dynon software with the 470 receiver and always get weather but not traffic - though the traffic option is visible and selected in the FF layers. Are those options visible on your iPad?

Did you connect to the HDX wifi?

I have the latest Dynon software with the 470 receiver and always get weather but not traffic - though the traffic option is visible and selected in the FF layers. Are those options visible on your iPad?

The wifi was connected. I have the latest Skyview update with the 472 receiver. I'll have to check on the options in foreflight. I have yet to come across any options in foreflight relating to ADSB. I may be missing something? This is all new to me. Thanks Joel

I have yet to come across any options in foreflight relating to ADSB.
When connected to a Stratus, the ADS-B info shows up automagically in the "Settings" (that little gear thingy) list. They only show when the Stratus is connected via Wi-Fi.

jOCqH5.png

Last edited:
I'll have to take a closer look at the different menu options again. I thought I looked at all my options. Did not see ADSB or weather options that I recall. Thanks for the help.

Back