What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Part numbers of prop governor pad and gear.

WAM120RV

Well Known Member
Hi,

I am starting the process of converting an 0-320 E2A to CS use. I have read the lycoming instruction on this and read various posts where this has been done, including AX-O very useful description not the work on his 4.

I now realise I will need a prop governor pad and probably gear, there are a number of these listed on EBay but I do not know the part numbers of what is required for an E2A....... can anyone help?

I am going from a Sensenich alum FP to a GT Propellors which are composite blades mounted in a Hartzell hub, my sensenich will go on my RV9 when I rebuild it.

I will when it?s all completed post performance comparison for the info of members who are considering this type of change.

You will want to verify this, but my research says that the E2A is the same as the D2A, except for pistons. Unfortunately, the Lycoming parts catalog for the E2A doesn't list the prop governor pad, but the catalog for the D2A does and it says that the 75153 prop governor pad (assuming Woodward type governor) and 68317 drive gear are what you want. You would also need the 71596 thrust washer and the STD-1221 snap ring.

The parts catalog for the D2A can be found at https://www.lycoming.com/content/parts-catalog-o-320-b-d. I would double check everything before ordering!

Thanks

Thanks a Mark, this is pretty much what I had come up with by your message did alter me to differences with the Woodward governor.

Mahlon says any O-320/ 360 pad will fit depending where you want the outlet, and I may have sourced exactly what I need from another member.

Thanks again

Steve

Back