What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lord mounts

Bavafa

Well Known Member
Just wondering if anyone has upgraded their engine mount isolators to Lord and has a part number for them?

My IO-360 mounts from the FF kit say Lord PN J9613-40, Vans PN "EA DYNA VI-STD"

Mine has also come with the same part number (EA DYNA VI-STD) but I am not sure if these are Lord brand.

Edit: Looks like VANs ship two different brand under the same part number, Vibration Isolation product (VIP) and Lord. VIP part number starts with 500xxx and Lord part number is J-xxxx

Last edited:
VIP

I received the VIP mounts with FF kit. Although it?s VERY unlikely I would unmount my engine at this point I?m curious what is the difference with the Lord mounts.

Greg Beckner
N557GB
140-366

The last time I was at Vans picking up bits, there was another guy at the counter buying new isolation mounts and he asked the tech about the differences too. Apparently there is not much difference between the brands and Vans sources from the one that will give them the best deal based on their volume. Over time there are price increases and Vans is able to get a better deal from a new vendor.

If someone has actual data showing longer prop or engine life with one brand vs another, please share, I'm sure many of us would love to see it, but I think Vans just leverages their volume to keep costs down.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a model number for the Lord mounts they used for their 390? Vans fwf kit we ordered uses Barry and they are back ordered for the foreseeable future. Deleted those and want to order the Lord mounts from ACS. On their website I see lots of options for different aircraft and then a generic ?sandwich mounts for homebuilt aircraft?. Not sure if that will fit the 390.
TIA

Kerry

Does anyone have a model number for the Lord mounts they used for their 390? Vans fwf kit we ordered uses Barry and they are back ordered for the foreseeable future. Deleted those and want to order the Lord mounts from ACS. On their website I see lots of options for different aircraft and then a generic ?sandwich mounts for homebuilt aircraft?. Not sure if that will fit the 390.
TIA

Kerry

Kerry, did you try getting them from Van?s. I found them to be the best deal when I was looking.

Randy

Randy,
No, I just assumed when they said the engine mounts will be backordered with an unknown stock time that they would substitute another brand in if they had them in stock but I better check. Thanks

Just looked mine up, my IO-360 FWF kit came with Lord J]-9613-45 mounts. That was 3 years ago.

Try Sky Geek

Kerry,
I looked up my invoice from late 2018 and the Lord mounts for my I0-360 angle valve engine were lord # J-9613-40, I am of the camp that this a place you do NOT want just any Isolation mounts ,,, lords are the best and will make a world of difference in how smooth you get that large bore engine to run for its first 2000 hrs ,, I wined a bit when I called the gal @ Sky Geek and she knocked 5% off the $160 price

Kerry,
I looked up my invoice from late 2018 and the Lord mounts for my I0-360 angle valve engine were lord # J-9613-40, I am of the camp that this a place you do NOT want just any Isolation mounts ,,, lords are the best and will make a world of difference in how smooth you get that large bore engine to run for its first 2000 hrs ,, I wined a bit when I called the gal @ Sky Geek and she knocked 5% off the $160 price

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it

Back