What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Procedure to Insert Photos into VAF Threads...

Piper J3

Well Known Member
VAF Forum is a little different when posting photos in a thread. I thought I'd write some simple instructions to help folks out.

? Go to TinyPic http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=S5MGK0aCs7x375nd4KX2kYh4l5k2TGxc
? Sign up to become a member. It?s free.
? Click on Upload
-
16786sp.png

-
? Click on Choose File and select photo on your computer to upload
? Click on Resize and choose option for Message Board (640x480)
? Click on Upload Now
-
24wvwuc.png

-
? Copy link in IMG Code for Forums and Message Boards
-
xaw6ki.png

-
? Paste the link into your VAF thread and it will appear as a photo in your post.

Using adifferetn brwoser

I find when viewing VAF posts with photos there is a big difference in the browser. I normally use Chrome but have to switch to Microsoft Explorer to see the pictures properly.

I have also found that Chrome does not show all the post options on the screen as does Explorer.

If you're having trouble posting try using Explorer

Photobucket - -

This was suggested when I first joined group. It has always worked well for me. Learning curve yes, but it does work. About the same procedure.

Thanks. I used Picasa until recently when they migrated everything to Google. I just don't have much patience with Google stuff. I'll try Tinypic.

Chris

Thanks. I used Picasa until recently when they migrated everything to Google. I just don't have much patience with Google stuff. I'll try Tinypic.

Chris

I asked on the Google Photos help forum how to get a link to embed a single photo into a phpbb forum like this. Their answer is, Google Photos does not support the code needed for that! :eek: :mad: Ive been using Picasaweb for years, but I told them I (and my fellow 20,000 VAF friends) have no use for Google Photos without it, and I can't understand why they are taking away utility and features. Ive started reconstructing my build log in Flickr. All 500 photos. :rolleyes:

Picasa works fine now, but Google is slowly killing it. It won't be here forever.

Hey, is that gorgeous lil' thing a pre-punched RV-3? :D

Picasa works fine now, but Google is slowly killing it. It won't be here forever.

Hey, is that gorgeous lil' thing a pre-punched RV-3? :D

It was supposed to be an RV-12. Don't know what happened.

This indicates existing Picasa albums will be around for a long time.

Tony

Existing ones, yes, if you dont want to edit them.

"However, for those of you who don’t want to use Google Photos or who still want to be able to view specific content, such as tags, captions or comments, we will be creating a new place for you to access your Picasa Web Albums data. That way, you will still be able to view, download, or delete your Picasa Web Albums, you just won’t be able to create, organize or edit albums (you would now do this in Google Photos). "

If your album is finished, you are fine. But if you are taking your sweetass time to get a plane done, like me, your functionality will suffer.

Last edited:
Back