What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Budget Estimate for RV-10

HoangLong

I'm New Here
Hi Everyone
My name is Long, I come from Ha Noi - Viet Nam
I work at AESC (Aerospace engineering joint stock company)
My email: [email protected]
My company would like to build a Van's RV-10 in Viet Nam. and we are studying about this.
The first thing is about budget estimate and the list of Kit we must get to build a complete RV10.
Dear Professionals, i would like to show you the budget estimate (include link/form) to order.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/23r31uevcbu2bb7/Budget_Estimate_for_RV10.rar

Please check it for me and lead me is it enough to build a RV10.
Thanks with my best regards

Some comments

Long,

Hi. Can I suggest that there are a few areas that are missing.

You will need to include any shipping costs and any costs associated with import duties etc... these are not included.

If you are getting someone else to complete the paint then this will not be enough.

There is in my opinion at least 10% more in additional components that are not listed. This would include such things as carpet, general fitting and fixtures etc..

So I believe that if the avionics are as you describe, then you will most likely need an additional 30-40k.

This is my personal opinion. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Andrew.

Budget Estimate for RV10

Thank you, Mr Andrew Long
So could you show me the details list for additional components such as general fitting?
it is very important but not easy to find out.

Regards,

RV10 "factory" visit?

Mr Long,

Not sure if you are aware, but RV10s are assembled somewhere in South America (maybe Brazil?) because that country has a different set of rules about the assembly of experimental aircraft. If I remember correctly they order kits from Vans, builld them into flying airplanes, and sell them.

Perhaps sending a team to observe their work practices, facilities, and tools could be a tremendous assist to your project.

Carl

While this doesn't take into account shipping costs, this has proved to be fairly consistent over the years.

1/3 cost for the kit
1/3 the cost for a new engine
1/3 the cost for avionics (assuming IFR glass panel)

Now add paint, modifications, and shipping.

While this doesn't take into account shipping costs, this has proved to be fairly consistent over the years.

1/3 cost for the kit
1/3 the cost for a new engine
1/3 the cost for avionics (assuming IFR glass panel)

Now add paint, modifications, and shipping.

Thanks Sir.

Back