What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oxygen refills near NW Regional 52F

scrollF4

Moderator, Asst. Line Boy
Ambassador
Gang,
Where?s the best place to refill breathing O2 bottles near NW Regional Airport 52F, Roanoke TX?

Bring it over to Hicks next time...

Roy may have a bottle; if not he will probably know someone who does.

I?ve run across a fella out here who had one, but can?t remember the name at this time...

If you?re down by KBAZ New Braunfels, I?ll fill it. Happy to help a fellow Rhino/RV-7A driver. Other RVs welcome, too. Standard aviation bottle fitting CGA-540.

I might take Larry up on that for two reasons.

1) Lisa loves New Braunfels
2) I have a Brand new airox system I bought 3 years ago and the bottle has never been filled.

If you’re down by KBAZ New Braunfels, I’ll fill it. Happy to help a fellow Rhino/RV-7A driver. Other RVs welcome, too. Standard aviation bottle fitting CGA-540.

Howdy, Neighbor!

We’ve got a place down in NB, over on Santa Clara Ave! Retiring down there in ~2+ years.

We fly into KHYI (got a hail shed from the city to park under) for now until my hangar build is finished out at Fentress Airpark east of San Marcos.

Will have to meet up at the Pour House or Freiheit’s sometime for a discussion of things RV, solving of world problems, etc.

Blue side up,

Rob

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. Jarhead offered up some O2 at his Hicks hooch. Just gotta be sure the fittings are compatible.

Larry,
Rhinos Rule!

Aggie,
You're missing some great FFI work.

Rob O,
Say hi to Lisa for us, eh?

Same retirement schedule! Currently trading my time for 100LL (work) 1 block from Santa Clara Ave.

Let me know when you're in town. Krause's Biergarten has 100 on tap.

Have done Krause?s many times! Plus, it?s close enough to walk/stagger home when we plan on imbibing!

Also, we are part of a neighborhood group that eats together 2nd Sunday of every month. We gather and walk to a local dining place downtown as well...August was Downtown Social...can hook you up with that crowd as well, if interested. Good folks.

We will be down there most of next week starting Monday to check on hangar project/daughter?s birthday...I?ll send you a PM with contact details and see if you?re interested in a ride-along out to the airpark.

Would be great to meet another RV-er just around the corner from me! All good!

Scroll, are you ready to ditch the JethroPlex and build on the lot next door to me? That would make at least 3 RV guys at Fentress...

Rob

Back