What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trim Tab Horn

bkervaski

Hellloooooooo!
Testing
All,

I can't get my trim tab horns to sit flush for good riveting. I've tried adjusting/bending them and then I end up with a 5-8mm gap after riveting in place. If they are bent to much inward I can't get a good rivet.

How did you guys get the horn right? I've built this piece 3 times already (thanks Vans for fast shipping!) and it's time to seek help. Haven't had any issues with any other part of the build up to this point, I feel like I'm missing something simple and obvious for the horn be such a hassle. Seems like the radius of the bend is just too much to get a good square fitment .. but all 3 sets arrived the same so it must be something I'm doing (or not doing).

Thanks for any suggestions!

Bill

Last edited:
I had same problem

I remember this and remember using either tank sealant or
JBWeld and then clecoed on and riveted ran my gloved finger over joint to
Close it off and get rid of excess.

Thank you. Im having trouble getting the push rod hole to line up correctly. Seems like this should have been drilled after it was riveted.... Going to swing by Vans today and pick up some replacement parts.

I had the same issue. No matter what I did, either there was a gap where the two pieces meet or, if I held them together, the rivets wouldn't line up. It appeared that the radius of the bend was just a couple of thousands to great.

I ordered new parts and ran into the same issue. Since my perception was that this is a very important piece of the puzzle, I took 5 hours and made my own.

Back