What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADS-b baro fail

Has any one moved or installed their UAT antenna to the wing. That seems to be my only place to go to stop the "Baro Fail" on the performance reports. It is under the cockpit now. There are too many other antennas under the belly to move it backwards. I have a Uavonix UAT.

Has any one moved or installed their UAT antenna to the wing. That seems to be my only place to go to stop the "Baro Fail" on the performance reports. It is under the cockpit now. There are too many other antennas under the belly to move it backwards. I have a Uavonix UAT.

Try reducing the "Transponder Threshold".

I believe the default is 1600 but after several "Baro Fails" and conferring with Uavionix support, reducing it to 1500 did the trick. And I have heard of at least one installation going as low as 1100.

Try reducing the "Transponder Threshold".

I believe the default is 1600 but after several "Baro Fails" and conferring with Uavionix support, reducing it to 1500 did the trick. And I have heard of at least one installation going as low as 1100.

Exactly. I had to change Xponder Threshold from 1550 to 1300. Did the trick...

Alan,
Are you sniffing the altitude or hard wired? I had to hard wire a Sandia to get it to pass.

Back