What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bruce's Aircraft Covers for RV-12

n74846

Well Known Member
Are there any 12's out there that use Bruce's cover and tie down? I'm interested in your experience. Please PM for discussion. Thanks!

Are there any 12's out there that use Bruce's cover and tie down? I'm interested in your experience. Please PM for discussion. Thanks!

I?m interested in the answer too. So unless the answer has to be private for some reason, it would be great if it were posted so all could see it.

I got my thin lite weight cover through Van?s, my tie downs from a support Chapter at Oshkosh (another story), and because of a bird incident I got a set of cowl plugs. I use the cover regularly in the hangar but the tie downs and plugs if I travelled overnight and haven?t done any overnights since 2016.

Anyway not a lot of options in this arena so I hope others post their choices.

I have the thin cover, too, but rarely use it since my RV is hangared and I don't use it often for cross countries.

I have Bruce's covers for my Cirrus and my Cardinal. Very good quality, very good customer service. They are a bit heavy and can be bulky. I don't know if has ever made one for the RV, but it might take up more than its fair share of useful load.

Bruce's (no relation) makes a great cover for the RV-12. I agree that Bruce's is a bit heaver than other covers I have seen, but you can't beat the fit and durability. I built N813RV which is featured on Bruce's RV-12 page. I had already sold the plane to the gentleman that painted it in Air Force livery when the picture was taken at Osh '13, but the cover and airplane are still going strong.

Back