What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

STL files for RV-10

Aiki_Aviator

Well Known Member
I was wondering if anyone in the community had an STL or 3d file for the RV-10, or the series for that matter?

I have a new 3d printer :) and want to do something "important"

I'm looking for BOTH actually. Its amazing what you can print for hand surgical patients from splints to replacing amputated digits. Then there is the ever important airplane parts

Printer Type

I got a Prusa i3 Mk3, and basically, it is brilliant.

Well sorted, and good community of users.... bit like Vans.

Support is good and it is kit or factory built and continuous improvement program of works.

Still after that RV-10 Cad file though, any suppliers??? :)

My latest add to my RV-10

I have printed the below for covering two wires on the panel from the top to the bottom.

20180429_142842.jpg

Needed to design and print it it two parts with a connection plate.

Designed in FreeCAD, Sliced in Slic3r and then Printed on a Prusa i3 Mk3 in PETG. :)

Van's have CAD solid models on their web site for the instrument panels and adjacent sub panels for all their products except the RV-12. I guess they excluded the 12 because it's available in a "certified" version. You will need software that can deal with .IGES or .STEP files to use them.

For obvious proprietary reasons they do not provide dimensional acculturate CAD files for anything else.

STL Files?

Guys,

I just got my fist printer a few weeks ago and have printed a few useful items that i use in the shop. This morning i decided to print a 91.4 degree angle block used to set the elevator push tube length on the RV10. It is another one of those things that could be done a 100 other ways and most of them would be quicker than the 3D print but it is still more practical than printing a trinket. I am always looking for something practical to develop my CAD skills.

My first really good print was a set of brackets that slide over the 3/4" shelving in the shop. The new brackets hold the plans so they don't lay on the work bench.

So, how do I share this STL file with anyone? I don't do Dropbox, and emails sounds like a pain, especially if a file becomes popular. I guess my suggestion would be that I share files on one or more of the popular STL file sharing sites like Thingyverse.

Jim

I put the STL file on thingiverse. Here is a video link using the prototype from this morning.

https://youtu.be/hMEoHoPCwbU

Here is the link to the file on thingiverse. Well, after searching on thingiverse I guess I don't understand how to copy and paste the link for the STL file from the site?

Darin, where on the page for the STL do I find the link to it that I can post here? Thanks!

Jim

Last edited:
Jim, you have to make the part public which took a couple of days for my first one. Then once its public you can link to it.

Back