What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FLOOR BRAKES

GregMac

Has anyone who has done an upgrade to overhead pedals still got the floor mounted stuff ? I?m looking to put brakes on the CoPilot side of my RV6 fitted with floor pedals. Vans doesn?t stock any of this now, so even the brake pedals to fit the rudder pedals would be good, I can source all the rest (cylinders etc) elsewhere if needed. Cheers Greg

Hi Greg, My take is, there are probably not many people that upgraded because of the same issue as you have. Hopefully someone has them available. If not I would recommend google to find some salvage yards that may have some early RV6s and could sell you the parts?? Just a thought.

RV6A copilot brake pedals

I am in the same mission to find copilot side brake pedals and needed parts.

If you have those available please PM me.

I guess the other option would be to upgrade to overhead pedals, parts for which *are* readily available...

I guess the other option would be to upgrade to overhead pedals, parts for which *are* readily available...
Did anyone call and ask Van?s if they could order these little brake pedals? I think I have the parts ready to weld, probably need the stampings from Van?s but they probably have them. We used to build lots of these tell we started in on the overhead ones we build now.

I'm certain that they'd be a lot different than the RV-6 ones that Van's designed, but the RV-3B kit uses floor-mounted pedals and brakes.

Dave

I'm certain that they'd be a lot different than the RV-6 ones that Van's designed, but the RV-3B kit uses floor-mounted pedals and brakes.

Dave

No, The RV-6 had floor mounted pedals, We are the ones that build the current overhead pedals and the past floor mounted pedals for Van's, I have all the fixtures and have even built some for Van's maybe 5 years ago and can still build any of it including the little brake pedal weldments he is looking for, just need the stampings and an order from Van's. So if you can't find them used call Van's, ask for Daryl S, he can probably get it figured out and ordered for you.

I have a pair of passenger side toe brakes. Straight from 1988. Never used. If you need them you can have them. Also have floor mounted pedals but they are pre SB 98-03-1. SB would need to be applied.
aaronjmurray at rocketmail dot com

42498101772_eeb703131c_z.jpg
[/url]IMG_2348 by Aaron Murray, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Back