What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G3X Touch (GDU 4XX) V8.50, Nov. 25, 2019

Database Loading Issue & Error Message

I tried to upgrade a friends RV-14 (SLSA), it was being upgraded from 7.00 to 8.60. Update did take a long time and it would display "LRU file corrupt or missing" message. It would also update the internal databases, but continues to try and complete one of them and save it complete, but after re-inserting the SD card it would do it all over again with the same result. Any ideas?

Thanks

Ray Doerr

Hello Ray,

I am going to defer to Steve's request in the post above. Can you send us an email to [email protected]? I will need to ask a few questions to help get this one sorted out.

Thanks,

Justin

Simplified Fuel Flow Calibration
All of us have probably gone into configuration mode, done a little math, and made adjustments to our fuel flow calibration (K) factor to make the fuel totalizer more accurate.

This is significantly faster/easier now since you can do this after fill-up from the normal mode fuel calc engine page. Just press Menu on that page and select "Calibrate Fuel Flow" and a pop-up window will show you the fuel used and allow you to enter the actual fuel added to correct the calibration. In this example, the fuel totalizer measured 35 gals since our last fill-up, and we just added 33.5 gals to fill-up.

DOv-HQUQSccNi47SQMsUpub7wb9HKGtXFaQWMwFwoWK5OlELQvin37cu45es8i_3FpzZbdazS0xAR5EayNWzTmQyvKt3YPZB5E_AFT7_uieQRde-oexK0fXWMPM1r-3m3JNKmIYg7q4lHlPP5MxO1Rxsi6isFxxvgp-LxI0UNu9FyD7fGdPZOJJ1M98S-Qes1MY40vJ4DG12RiE-6sezEbm5W0F2VdQZmPdPCtg_khBqkublKPhaUE8UxdWkegZyJ8RIgCPEtdcPreU1WOHfYRdb-cKjnFK7cbSyhgXPcLKWA7NKG4LvZNQdOJQmL4SKPKgyHxrSUZCgk982roF_-xemKtClDn8kWv2AAhxn7_8WkUT6omb-6GxR1NGF2T4KdruuSYaoSMHLyEJsGIYeXxs1FtqGk--BajXyvKSrnllo_vyZmusL7KdekOoirZ9-ciPdBjYe2mpThMXOBgrXZx22wUWX027wEwfCNnSLU1lT1dqotAYRGT1zidjbmeiaIz3ZUCy8IvT0-Ar25C27VlE1kkON9PkJq4gntdgBFldKpf1a3FUkWHqgqyFvIREBFQGIdIrola135Jo8YMVVYQwnalxWHm_Ch7g5oW2rWqcXhrUNtx-VolRO6PUhZ0gc6Q_-AnXeB1K97FcEbuOWNccxdADfpNYRifH1jPvpaFS-BLexyM4Akt-xkcIo5veqfB245rhOmqzBA2uyLZ8But-OWpGIWcnbFgKgfmGSCo6ldb8=w320

You can do this as often as you like until the desired accuracy is obtained.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve (g3x Expert et al):

Where is the new fuel flow calibration sequence in the pilot's manual or installation manual. I tried to look it up and I couldn't find it mentioned. I think it's really great and wanted to refer a fellow G3X Touch pilot to the official documentation.

Jim

Back