What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Monday's "Off Topic"

FredMagare

Well Known Member
I spent the good part of my work day perusing Monday's Off Topic link: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=716516

First...it's extremely misleading to say that it takes an hour to read!

Second, I believe that Rafael's adventure is at the heart of why most of us build these wonderful flying machines! I read Vlad's trip reports, and Rosie's and Scott's Caribean jaunts, and view Pete Howell's spectacular photos and feel the pull to participate! My uncertain adventure calls to me but I find that my every-day responsiblities make a louder noise and so I work to appease the "daily noise" while still trying to carve out enough time to complete my chariot and join those who are secretly my heroes.

Doug - thank you for that link. It was about a young man, a moped, and a mission but it motivates me back into my workshop...! My plane WILL fly one day! [ed. You are very welcome! dr]

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too! What an adventure..

That was a great link. It's funny to think about such an adventure on a moped, but that kind of thinking and spirit of adventure is what it's all about. That kid has had a life experience he'll never forget. Judging from many of the negative posts from "followers," it's something few people understand and even fewer actually pursue. Too bad, because this is exactly what this country needs more of... again...

That looked like a Honda passport. Used to have a pair of them that had consecutive vin numbers. They were fun, but then a collector offered me a lot of money for them, so haven't seen them since!

Bird

I just read through the posts - only the hitchhikers. It was interesting and reads like he had a great experience. I agree that the trips Vlad, Rosie, and Scott & Debbie, write about keep me building and excited about finishing. What fun.

If you watch the BBC version of Top Gear, the 3 guys did a trip the length of Vietnam. That was a funny story!

This brings back memories! First of a similar trip on my Honda 350 from Wisconsin to Seattle to San Francisco, and back to Wisconsin.

And then my brother and I traveled around New Zealand on this. It had two speeds: on and off.

NewZealand0042.jpg

Back