What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AN426AD2-2

Wolf

Well Known Member
On page 35-17 it calls for machine countersinking for 2-2 rivets. What are people using to countersink. I have not seen one for a rivet that small and I'm not interested in buying one for eight rivets. :confused:

My fuselage kit doesn't come for a few weeks so I haven't got to these yet, but you can use a non-piloted countersink if you have one. Just center it in the hole.

You can probably just do it by hand mounted in a deburring tool. It won't take much.

You can probably just do it by hand mounted in a deburring tool. It won't take much.

Definitely; the -3 NAS1097 rivets have a -3 shank and -2 head. I use these for nut plate installation and use 5 to 6 turns of my deburring tool with light pressure to make the countersink.

Try it on scrap first, your deburring tool may be sharper than mine.

On page 35-17 it calls for machine countersinking for 2-2 rivets. What are people using to countersink. I have not seen one for a rivet that small and I'm not interested in buying one for eight rivets. :confused:

What are they being used for? I know they exist but I've never seen one before...

What are they being used for? I know they exist but I've never seen one before...

They are for riveting small reinforcements on the skin where the canopy hinges are attached. The deburring tool worked well.

Back