Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-10-2015, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Gather View Post
I'm not sure who told you this but feel free to call me at 631-327-2632 should you need anything.
thanks for taking care of me today, I'll note my original post to reflect that
RV4 - Skyview Sold!
Old 02-26-2015, 05:13 PM

Just a quick report. I called Aveo and they had me send a picture of the discolored light. After looking over the pic, he told me to send them the old light and quickly shipped a new one with very few questions asked. One caveat, if you make a purchase from aveo be sure to register the product on line to get the lifetime warranty. Thanks for all the replies. It looks like their customer support has made great strides!
http://www.mykitlog.com/MikeMike

2017 Donation gladly paid.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:32 PM

I know this thread is a few years old but I just notice that the Powerburst Nav/Strobe lights I installed on my Lancair have turned yellow. My plane is always hangared. I was touching up some paint near a wing tip and noticed that the once clear lights are yellow. I emailed Aveo, I'll see what they have to say. I would think that defusing the light output renders the Nav/Strobe less effective.

Last edited by FasGlas : 04-20-2018 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2018, 02:49 PM

One of my tip pos/strobe lights had a partial failure and the metal was being exposed thru the plastic. (erosion/migration/shrinkage... dunno) I had a conversation with them at Oshkosh. They had me send them in and replaced both since my model has been replaced. The new ones fit the same, work better and obviously look better. We'll see how they fare in another few years.

1950 Navion - flying
RV-6 - 16 yrs and 98.1% done
1940 Rearwin Cloudster project next
3.5 L-2 projects on deck
Old 06-13-2018, 02:12 PM

Default Replaced

Well, I have to admit... The new Aveo LED's are far better then the originals. I contacted Aveo about my Powerburst LED's that turned yellow. I sent my yellow LED's to them and after a painfully long wait Aveo sent me the new version of the Powerburst LED's. They are obviously a much more robust design, brighter Cree LED's, better cabling, a stronger aluminum backing and a new encapsulating compound (I hope does not yellow). I was told that Aveo has a trade in program for $100 to upgrade from the old to the new. IMO a good upgrade for the price.