What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

E-913 Edge Break

AlinNS

Well Known Member
Page 09-09 Step 6 has you break the trailing edge of the Counter Balance Skins (E-913). This was Rev 1 I think, so not on the original plans.

These skins are .032" and my Cleveland Edge Roller just ain't doing it.

Any advice on how to do this? Scratching my head on why these particular edges require edge breaking?

Thanks for any help.

I'm thinking you may have a technique thing going on. I've used the Cleaveland tool for all of mine - including .032 - and the tool worked great. Less is definitely more with the tool.

I think back and I believe I used the vise grip roller breaker, if not I probably used a vise grip clamp type edge breaker.

These are broken so the trailing edge sits down tight against the skin surface below the trailing edge, which will tend to pull up because of the three rivets set close along the edge.

OK, thanks Folks.

I've slowly learned to put things down and think before wrecking. Used this roller tool with great results on thinner material, so I'll grab some scrap .032 and figure it out. Thanks again.

Back