What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What is the Allen Nut just left of the screen plug

sglynn

Well Known Member
I have a new IO-360-M1B from Vans and there is a nut plug with an Allen wrench hole just to the left of the screen plug, down on the oil sump, aft side.

What is this Allen nut plug?

The drawings in the installation guide don't show. Other drawings on line for M1A show it but don't tell what it is.

thanks

I have a new IO-360-M1B from Vans and there is a nut plug with an Allen wrench hole just to the left of the screen plug, down on the oil sump, aft side.

What is this Allen nut plug?

The drawings in the installation guide don't show. Other drawings on line for M1A show it but don't tell what it is.

thanks

If it's the one on Page 46 (item 12) it seems to be open to the sump.

http://a.moirier.free.fr/Moteur/LYC...360%20S%E9ries/IO%20360%20M1A%20pc-306-14.pdf

Perhaps part of an inverted oil system oprion?

My IO-360-M1B part catalog shows it as simply open to the sump. The plug is only just that, "STD-2229, PLUG, 1/2 NPT, Allen Head, 1".

Dunno what it's for, though...optional anything, I guess.

Plug

Yes, #12 that's it. I see now. It is just a plug. Hmm, mine is leaking. I will put some thread sealer on it and put it in snug.

thanks much

Inverted Oil System plug

If you check Raven and Christen documents (or one of the RV Aerobatic pilots), I bet you will find that plug is used when adding an inverted oil system.

Back