What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aveo RockRack Switches

Peter Costick

Well Known Member
Hi

I am planning the panel on my RV7A.

I have dual skyview 10 inch displays which I intend to mount side by side, GTX330, GMA340 and SL30 will be in a stack to the right, in front of the co pilot but in easy reach I think for the pilot.

Other than that its the traditonal type keyed ignition switch, an auxillary power socket, a map box and thats about it.

A vertical power VP-X pro is will manage the circuit breaker function. The trim buttons will be on the Ray Allen G205 stick grip.

The idea is a clean simple look, so to the question....I have seen the Aveo rockrack switches on aircraft spruce's web and they seem to provide a nice look already labelled which might go well in my panel.

Has anyone any experience of these switches or any other feedback at all?

Many Thanks

Peter

Looking at something very similar...I have the 10" SV, a Garmin 430W, Garmin audio panel on order and will get an SL40. Dynon D6 for backup. I expect a clean-looking panel, and went with the Aveo switches, which just arrived this past week. Haven't installed them yet, but they sure look good from my playing around with them... :) A tad pricey, and I *hate* the fact that you can't just order whatever switch tops you need (have to order ten-packs instead...btw, I have a boatload of switch tops I won't be using now, if anyone is interested...GRRRRR), but the quality looks good, look and feel is nice, assembly/disassembly is straightforward...

Well Steve if I go with Aveo then maybe I could help you by taking some of those switch tops off your hands :)

Send me a PM with what you want ot get rid of.

Peter

Carling Technologies Contura

Not labelled, but similar look and feel, are the Carling Technologies Contura switches. Check Digikey for pricing, but they are ~$11 per switch.

We're using them with our G3X - VP-X installation as well.

I put the rock rack switchs in the 10 i am building. I am very satisfied in there appearance and there function.
panel.jpg

Help!! Switch tops required

Help!
Aveo seem to have stopped making their Rockrack switches and I am short of two switch tops - "Fuel pump" and "Landing lights"
I have invested a small fortune in these switches but cannot finish the panel without these two tops.
Anyone have spare tops for these two?

Happy to pay handsomely!!

David.

Help!
Aveo seem to have stopped making their Rockrack switches and I am short of two switch tops - "Fuel pump" and "Landing lights"
I have invested a small fortune in these switches but cannot finish the panel without these two tops.
Anyone have spare tops for these two?

Happy to pay handsomely!!

David.

Give them a call...I mentioned this a while back to them at OSH and the guy said someone at the office had a stash of various switchtops.

Back